18 Aug 2009
|I ran across this in a chain e-mail awhile ago. I normally hit the “delete” button as soon as I get these types of e-mails, but I thought it would be fun and interesting to answer these questions to allow you, Dear Reader, to get to know some of the quirky things about The Man. It started out as “44 Things”, but #5 is missing, so its actually 43 things.
If you would like to let me learn a little more about you, simply copy and paste the questions below into your e-mail, delete my answers and fill in your own. E-mail your response to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!
1. Do you like blue cheese? My fave, but can’t eat it as much as I would like to.
2. Have you ever smoked? Yes. I don’t do cigarettes anymore. Recently started with cigars again. It’s baller and cultured at the same time.
3. Do you own a gun? Yes. Several. “Don’t Mess With Texas”
4. What flavor of Kool-Aid was your favorite? Red or Purple (as a kid, we were so poor, we didn’t have flavors of Kool-Aid. We had colors).
6. What do you think of hot dogs? They’re okay. I am going to deep fry some this weekend. Some place in Jersey (The Rutt Hut?)does it and it looks interesting.
7. Favorite Holiday Movie? Most Christmas movies. It’s my favorite time of year.
8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning? Coffee.
9. Can you do pushups? Yes. And well.
10. What is your favorite jewelry? My wedding ring and my class ring. I also wear a bracelet that reads, “Make a difference”.
11. What’s your favorite hobby? I used to not have any, now I have too many. A few are cycling, shooting, golf, grilling, writing on my blog (www.dearmisterman.com), and shamelessly plugging my blog (have you told your friends about www.dearmisterman.com ?)
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No, I don’t. Wait…what did you ask me? What?
13. What trait do you hate about yourself? Not much. Maybe it’s that I try to do too much at once.
14. Middle Name? James
15. Name 3 thoughts this exact moment? These questions (Men live in boxes. We can only think about one thing at a time).
|16. What do you read in the bathroom? Depends on what’s available. Or I will use Twitter on my phone (Hey, Twitter stops for nothing).
17. Current Worry? Honestly, I rarely worry. God’s got my back.
18. Current hate right now? I have an extremely strong dislike for the way we are approaching this health care issue.
19.. Your Favorite place to be? Vacation.
20. How did you bring in the New Year? Quietly with the fam.
21. Where would you like to go? Australia, Dubai, Africa, and many other places.
22 Name three people who will read this? No clue.
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, but I use them rarely.
24 What shirt are you wearing? A white shirt with a blue checkerbox pattern.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No. More trouble than they are worth.
26. Can you whistle? A little.
27 Favorite colors? Love, Respect, and Passion.
28. Would you be a pirate? No.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Songs I write. Silly songs.
30. Favorite girl’s name? Girl
31. Favorite boy’s name? The Boy
32 Whats in your pocket right now? Keys
33. Last thing that made you laugh? A comment on a blog post.
34. What vehicle do you drive? Ford F-150 Supercrew
|35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Broke my ankle roller skating last December. Now I only participate in “age-appropriate sports”.
36. Do you love where you live? I like where I live.
37. How many TVs are in your house? Six (don’t ask). My philosophy on television is rapidly changing for the worse.
38. What is the best memory as a child? There are many, but my years in middle school were life-changing.
39. Do you have any pets? Fish. The kids and I would like a dog, but we are getting resistance on the “Mommy” front. I may need to make a dog “appear” one of these days.
40. Does someone have a crush on you? My wife does and I still have a crush on her (Can I go get a dog now, honey?).
41. Your favorite books? Has been the Left Behind Unfortunately, I have limited time for reading for leisure at the moment.
42. Do you collect anything? Golf balls, comic books,
43. Favorite sports team? Rockets, Texans
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? That requires more thought than I can give right now. Almost anything by Prince.